Interested to know more?
SENSTECH provides knowledge concerning aroma and the odour of food contact materials. As a technological advice centre SENSTECH delivers information and expertise for product and process innovations in food and packaging companies. Confidential, bilateral projects concerning sensory quality of food products and food contact materials are performed in close collaboration with the industry.
Expertise of SENSTECH
– sensory analysis of food products/food contact materials; support of in-company sensory panels
– chemical-analytical aroma and odour characterisation of food products and food contact materials using gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS)
– mass spectrometry-based electronic nose technology (MS-nose) for fast aroma and odour analysis of food products and food contact materials
– in-company workshops on sensory quality of food products and food contact materials
– in-company selection and training of sensory panels for food product, food ingredients and food contact materials
– in-company sensory audits for good sensory practices
Consultancy topics concerning food contact materials
– sensory evaluation of the odour of packaging materials (paper, cardboard, can, wood, foil, …) (EN 1230-1:2010; EN 1220-2:2010; DIN 10955:2004; ISO 13302:2003; panel CEN/TR 15645:2008)
– chemical-analytical odour characterisation (GC-MS, MS-based electronic nose) of materials
– characterisation of packaging-related taints and taints due to bad storage or transport
– optimisation of production processe